Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Happy Birthday to ME!

Yesterday was my 50th birthday and to mark the occasion my daughters Emma and Rachel decided to cook with me in the kitchen.  What an absolutely perfect gift!  We had so much fun talking and drinking, and chopping and sauteeing, and drinking, and baking and drinking and blending and drinking...

You get the picture...

Seriously, we prepared one of the best meals I have ever had and I intend to post the recipes over the month of October.  But just to whet your appetite, here is the menu:

Signature cocktail: Ginger, gin and juice

Porcini mushroom bisque with Aged fontina
Pork Normandy (pork scallopini in an apple cream sauce with fresh thyme)
Pumpkin Spaetzle in brown butter with fried sage
Sauteed kale with caramelized onions and white wine

Chocolate coffee and bourbon bundt cake with oven-baked figs in grand marnier

YUM!  Thank you to my lovely talented daughters for such an incredible day!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Belated Birthday to you. Mines was yesterday as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Oz!:) Mine's next week. Can't wait for the recipes!

    ReplyDelete